What are we looking for?
A pioneering Director for our Client Support Team.
Where are we looking?
What type of job is this?
Full-time. And then some.
Who would you report to?
Our Founder & CEO. He’s pioneering an entire industry through our company.
What should you bring to the table?
- 8-10 years of experience working in a client-facing support or contact center (2-4 years of experience in a management position)
- Strong command of contact-center software and platforms - you should be able to navigate them in your sleep
- Demonstrated experience with Resource Planning and Budget Management
- High degree of comfort with business analysis and management (setting, managing, adjusting KPI’s as necessary)
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and working comfort with, training programs and contact center processes/protocols
- Proven people-management skills - you need to know how to both manage and motivate your team. Those skills are often not the same!
- Relationship management - you’re dealing with a broad range of maturity and experience within the support team
- Peer management - you need to be able to stand up for what you believe when engaging with the CEO and leadership team
- Superior verbal communication skills - you can “speak good;” you can also speak concisely and communicate clear thoughts
- Excellent written communication skills – this means you know how to write grammatically accurate sentences and can spell correctly
- A genuine passion for problem-solving
- Superb de-escalation skills - when someone calls for support, it’s because they have a problem. They’re frustrated. Sometimes, they’re even pissed. Our Tech Specialists need to be able to assure someone we’re going to take care of them. It’s your job to make sure each of our team members can do this. Every time.
- The ability to evaluate situations when working with fellow leadership members across the business in the moment, and make quick, appropriate decisions
- A self-starter mentality, and capable of working independently when needed
- An unwavering work ethic - our company and team depend on you for our organization’s ultimate success
- An impeccable attention to detail and great organizational skills
- A mind for strategic thinking, combined with a personality for tactical execution
What will really get our attention?
- If you have ever helped build or launch a contact center team from the ground up
- If you have specific experience with RingCentral Contact Center software
- If you are fluent with Zendesk
- If you have a working knowledge of AV systems, consumer electronics, and integrated technology systems
- If you’re passionate about consumer technology and demonstrate a strong aptitude for learning about consumer technology
- If you have experience in high-touch customer service, not just “typical” call centers
What do we bring to the table?
- A team of aces willing to do anything for each other
- Competitive salary
- 100% company-paid medical insurance, disability, and life insurance
- Eligibility for dental, vision
- Flexible time-off policy
- Employee-funded 401K plan
- Dog-friendly environment
- Pseudo-healthy snacks
- Lots of team socials (after COVID-19 goes away!)
Who are we?
Remember the cartoon The Jetsons, as a kid? Or, how about the movie, Iron Man? Both shows have a key commonality: they showcased really bad-ass homes that were souped up with the kind of technology that would blow your mind if that technology actually existed in real life.
Well, what was fiction is rapidly becoming real life. Consumer technology and smart-home systems are evolving at a rapid pace, which means homes being built or renovated today and in the coming years are going to look more and more like those homes in the movies. Ten years from now, homeowners are gonna need a personal IT Director to help them manage all this new technology because…..well, the technology is getting smarter, but we as humans aren’t necessarily getting smarter at fixing that technology when it stops working for any reason (and there are lots of reasons why technology may stop working!).
Our Founder & CEO realized this a number of years ago when he launched our company, OneVision Resources. We envision our company serving as that front-line “IT Director” for people’s homes by providing remote support over the phone and via email to homeowners when their technology stops working. And you probably have enough tech in your own home to know that happens all the time and for a variety of reasons - an ice storm knocks everything offline, a software update goes wrong, or the kids mess with the remote and you can’t figure out how to get your cable channels back on the screen.
Our company hires really smart tech geeks, and then trains them on the biggest brands and latest gadgets so that they can help homeowners go about their lives.
We are one of a very, very small number of companies attempting to do this sort of home technology support right now, and we’re the only company building our business model for delivering this service.
Which is where you come in. We’ve bootstrapped our support department over the past few years, and we’re proud of the department and people we’ve built. We also recognize we can no longer continue to bootstrap such a critical piece of our organization if we’re going to successfully scale. We need to find someone who can take charge of the support department we’ve built thus far, and elevate it by multiple levels. We need someone from the world of contact centers who knows how to build a true, high-touch, professional contact center that doesn’t actually feel like a contact center to those homeowners when they call in. We hate the idea of being a Comcast-like support center, and we want someone who hates that as much as we do and who knows how to build something different.
Are you that person?
What would a typical day look like?
Each day, you will focus on a very clear, strategic goal: take the support department that we have bootstrapped thus far and professionalize it; you will shape it and model it based upon the best aspects of a world-class contact center while ensuring that our end-users never have the experience of calling into a “typical” contact center.
The coolest part about this job is that you literally get to build out a model contact center, using your experience to:
- oversee and guide the establishment of protocols,
- manage the creation of processes,
- direct the look & feel of initial onboardings and continued trainings,
- establish and execute the management of KPI’s,
- identify and determine the allocation of department-related resources
- assist in the identification, recruitment, and retention of top talent for the team
In short, you get to own the development of an early-stage contact center, one that we’ve developed over the past five years on our own and are now looking to take to the next level! We just introduced the RingCentral Contact Center platform into our support department, so you have the opportunity to help implement and leverage this platform in its early months of company use.
Curious if you’ll fit our culture?
- Do you believe there’s always room for improvement? We are constantly in the pursuit of perfection when it comes to our client experience.
- Do you always have a backup plan? Things rarely go according to plan, so it’s important to be prepared. Or have MacGyver’s cell number.
- Are you frequently putting yourself in others’ shoes? We pride ourselves on being empathetic to any partner’s situation, and give them the benefit of the doubt.
- Do you always dot your i’s and cross your t’s? Attention to detail is a must. We don’t bend on this one.
- Can you keep a secret? Good, because our end-users’ privacy is a top priority.
- Are you happy to lend a helping hand? We’re a small, tight-knit group and at times we all wear a number of different hats.
- Are you transparent and do you prefer addressing the elephant in the room? We pride ourselves on being upfront and honest, and believe it’s one of the things that sets us apart from the pack.
- Do you pick up the ball that someone else may have dropped? We’re looking for people that own the company goals beyond just doing their job.
- Are you OK with making a mistake? We are too, as long as we learn from them and don’t repeat.