What are we looking for?
An Account Manager with a green belt in bad-assery.
Where are we looking?
Boston, or Remote
What type of job is this?
Full-time. And then some. (hey, we’re a start-up!)
Who would you report to?
Our Director of Partner Development. She has a black belt in bad-assery.
What will get our attention?
- If you have a working knowledge of the custom-integration (CEDIA) industry, as an integrator and/or a vendor to integrators;
- If you have Account Management or Sales experience;
- If you have Leadership or Change Management experience
- If you love striking up conversations with people sitting next to you on public transit;
- If you have experience working in a start-up environment; or,
- If you can rock a catwalk hotter than Hansel.
What should you bring to the table?
- The ability to understand and synthesize diverse variables and business models into specific strategies, and then into actionable steps that produce results;
- The willingness to iterate quickly and often - each of our Partners (clients) is different, with varying needs and dynamics. You, therefore, need to be comfortable modifying your style and approach to leverage the best outcome for each Partner, while maintaining consistent execution of our standardized platform;
- The ability to make informed, independent decisions about how to juggle multiple projects and priorities (you’ll have a lot of Partners competing for your time and attention);
- The ability to improvise in front of complete strangers;
- The ability and willingness to use both soft and hard persuasive/selling strategies;
- The ability to virtually/remotely develop meaningful rapport and relationships;
- A rabid, borderline freakish ability to understand and interpret human emotions and motivations;
- A systematic and organized approach to your work;
- Comfort with a lack of daily structure and reporting;
- The ability to shift seamlessly between meetings / collaborative sessions and extended periods of focused, independent work;
- Be willing to voice your opinion and engage in thoughtful internal debates - may the best idea win! Check your ego at the door;
- A reliable work ethic and focus on delivering results, whatever it takes; and,
- A strong desire to be a team player - we are all in this together.
What do we bring to the table?
- A team of aces willing to do anything for each other;
- Competitive salary;
- 100% company-paid medical insurance;
- Eligibility for dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance;
- Flexible time off policy;
- Employee funded 401K plan;
- Dog-friendly environment;
- Pseudo-healthy snacks; and,
- Lots of team socials (we hope you like darts).
What would a typical day look like?
Do you remember going to the circus, as a kid? Your senses were probably a blur of bright colors swirling through the air, the smell of lions pervading the big tent, and of course the sound of elephant calls bombarding your ears. From time to time, your attention was likely drawn to a single person standing right in the middle of this chaos, donned in a crimson waistcoat with black hat, and cracking a whip while barking orders to keep all of the chaos much more organized than any of us could ever think imaginable.
You will be our circus master. Without the whip, waistcoat, and barking.
As we bring on new Partners (local home technology companies located across the country), the Account Manager is assigned to be their Director of Service and is responsible for building a strong relationship with each Partner, understanding and evaluating their business & service model, mapping out an individual transformation plan to align their structure with our platform. Our Account Manager then leads each Partner through their respective plan, ensuring their success with our platform. Ultimately, your goal is to drive the partnership to a collectively profitable place through the sale of membership subscriptions to our platform and to keep the partner relationship in a generally warm-and-fuzzy place.
This requires a creative and focused approach to each individual Partner, discovering the relevant players within their team, empathizing with their specific realities, and navigating the best path to successfully encourage their adoption of our proven process.
As you can imagine, each Partner company has its own group of stakeholders and role players, each of which operates under its own circus tent. We currently partner with over 60 circus acts, with plans to add another 24 partners over the next year. In short… you’ll be a very busy, and adept, circus master.
Specifically, your day will consist of the following:
- Keeping each Partner and their entire organization engaged, after their onboarding;
- Ensuring that each Partner remains committed to our platform and SOP’s at all times;
- Making sure each Partner is actively selling membership subscriptions (this is how we make money);
- Reaching beyond just the business owner to establish and nurture deep relationships with key individuals across each Partner company, converting them into OneVision advocates; and,
- Working with our other Partner Development and Product Management teammates to roll out changes and improvements to our own platform.
Curious if you’ll fit our culture?
- Do you believe there’s always room for improvement? We are constantly in the pursuit of perfection when it comes to our Partner experience.
- Do you always have a backup plan? Things rarely go according to plan, so it’s important to be prepared. Or have MacGyver’s cell number.
- Are you frequently putting yourself in others’ shoes? We pride ourselves on being empathetic to any partner’s situation and give them the benefit of the doubt.
- Do you always dot your i’s and cross your t’s? Attention to detail is a must. We don’t bend on this one.
- Can you keep a secret? Good, because our end-users’ privacy is a top priority.
- Are you happy to lend a helping hand? We’re a small, tight-knit group and at times all wear a number of different hats.
- Are you transparent and do you prefer addressing the elephant in the room? We pride ourselves on being upfront and honest and believe it’s one of the things that sets us apart from the pack.
- Do you pick up the ball that someone else may have dropped? We’re looking for people that own the company goals beyond just doing their job.
- Are you OK with making a mistake? We are too, as long as we learn from them and don’t repeat.